Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Why Now? After this, no more sap

I was trying to decide whether this post was really even relevant . I have decided not. So, short version, one of my favorite pasttimes (browsing a certain forum) was being ruined by awful personalities and it made me mad. Then, I realized, well it's not like I'm contributing anything to counteract all the negative bullshit. Then I was mad at myself. As stated a few posts back, in retrospect, it occurred to me that I was in an altered mood state, more than likely. My plan had been to start getting to Malifaux night at the LGS after spring semester ended (I'd been to busy and had a schedule conflict). So, I actually get geared up to go meet people, only to find it has been dropped from the schedule due to low turnout. Which means finding someone to play a game with would require a bit more effort than just showing up somewhere at a certain time.

Here's the thing that just occurred to me: I'm the type of person who is either all in or out. I don't really move at half-speed. And I think I went a little overboard in my excitement and started making plans that were a bit too ambitious. I've contacted my LGS to see about scheduling a demo or two. Which means I'll be sitting around, at a table, either by myself or talking to strangers, both of which hold their own sort of terror. I've contacted a few people, sort of heard back from one, but it's been about a week since last contact (mine). Posted on a few other local forums, waiting there too. Eh, we'll see.

Anyway, I'm not really sure at this point why this thing got all confessional. I guess a lot of crap was bothering me. But I'm going to put a button on that and just keep it light from here on in, which may be a little bit of a fake, but oh well. I think I've been a little too honest. I'm still considering whether or not I should delete a few of these posts, but haven't decided yet.

Next post will be first in a series, Evolution of a Mediocre Painter where we get to look at photos of really old, horribly painted models. If you don't think you are a very good painter, prepare to be feel better about yourself in comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment